Are you eager to contribute to shaping the future of international development?
Organisational Learning Intern
How can organisations in international development learn from their past activities and build on their experiences? How can international development organisations navigate increasingly complex challenges more effectively and efficiently? How can we achieve more positive impact towards sustainable development by learning from what we already know?
If these questions spark your curiosity, then you fit right into Strhive.
Who we are?
At Strhive, we believe in the creation of more impact through learning and collaboration. We support organisations to build on their past experiences and leverage their organisational memory to work more efficiently and effectively.
Organisations approach us with questions about how they can learn from their projects or how they can manage the knowledge within the organisation. We work with key actors in international development to improve learning, ways of working and ultimately, impact. Strhive works in 3 pillars:
- Propel – The software tool for organisational learning
- Advisory – integrating learning and creating cultures for learning in organisations
- The Learning for Develoment Community – a platform for peer-exhcnage and knowledge sharing
If you want to be part of a young, innovative start-up, on a mission to future-proof international development organisations to achieve more positive impact towards sustainable development, join us. As an Organisational Learning Intern at Strhive, you will contribute to this mission by:
- Designing new approaches to knowledge and learning,
- Independently and creatively playing an active role in innovative projects with international development organisations,
- Getting to know the ins and outs of the international development sector,
- Being an important part of Strhive’s team, contribute to the foundation of the company and pioneer organisational learning initiatives at Strhive,
- Contributing your ideas towards shaping the future of international development in innovative and adaptive ways.
Learning is at the heart of our mission and organisation. A key element of the internship is focused on your personal and professional learning trajectory which you will follow through your own learning roadmap.
As the Organisational Learning Intern you will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of organisational learning strategies for international development actors. You will also support the testing and piloting of Propel, a software tool designed to enhance organisational learning and collaboration in the international development sector. Your tasks will specifically focus on:
- Support the research and development of learning resources, best practices, and case studies in organisational learning for international development actors,
- Assist in the design and implementation of the Propel piloting with NGOs and other development actors, ensuring effective coordination and communication among partners,
- Support the testing and implementation of Propel with various NGOs,
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of Propel piloting partners, including data collection, analysis, and reporting on key performance indicators (KPIs),
- Conduct market research and analysis to inform the growth and scaling strategy of Propel in the international development,
- Support the development and implementation of training materials, webinars, and workshops for partner organisations and users of Propel,
- Actively participate in team discussions and brainstorming sessions to enhance our services, methodologies, and overall Strhive’s development,
- Provide administrative support when required, including arranging meetings, recording minutes, and generating reports.
Who you are?
You are an ambitious creative who wants to contribute to positive impact in the world. You are full of energy to work in a high-paced environment with a unique motivation to learn and a proactive mindset; you also:
- Are passionate about international development and enrolled in a relevant degree (e.g. International Development, Public Management, Strategic Management or other studies related to international development and organisational learning),
- Are a quick learner, able to develop innovative and creative approaches for complex topics and eager to contribute your ideas,
- Are well organised, independent, and comfortable with tight deadlines,
- Feel comfortable in speaking with international high-placed individuals,
- Speak and write excellent English.
Experience in and around the field of international/sustainable development is a plus.
What we offer?
At Strhive you will be part of a young, growing company. We offer you:
- An energetic and informal work atmosphere – remote work is also possible,
- Close involvement in our projects and organisational development,
- Guidance and a steep learning curve,
- In-depth insights into the workings of international development organisations and the possibility to expand your network,
- Flexibility to shape your own work week,
- An internship renumeration
We are looking for an intern to start as soon as possible. Depending on your availability, the position is available full-time or part-time for a period of 4-6 months. You can apply until the 14th of April 2023. If you think you are the right fit for Strhive, we would love to hear from you!
Please submit: (1) Your resume, (2) a short letter of motivation including a specific challenge you recently faced and how you approached it (3) your proof of enrolment and an overview of your study results to email@example.com.
For more information on the vacancy, get in touch with us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.