Are you eager to contribute to shaping the future of international development?
How can organisations in international development learn from their past activities and build on their experiences? How can international development organisations navigate increasingly complex challenges more effectively and efficiently? How can we achieve more positive impact towards sustainable development by learning from what we already know?
If these questions spark your curiosity, then you fit right into our hive.
Who we are?
At Strhive, we believe in the creation of more impact through organisational learning, collaboration and adaption. We support organisations to build on their past experiences and leverage their institutional knowledge to work more efficiently and effectively.
Organisations approach us with questions about how they can learn from their projects or how they can manage the knowledge within the organisation. We take an innovative approach to develop a learning roadmap for them through a 3-step approach. First, we analyse their current practices. Second, we optimise their knowledge management, and third, we design a framework for learning.
We advise key actors in international development, such as GIZ (the German agency for international development cooperation) or Partos (the Dutch membership body for organisations in international development) and aim to scale our approach by turning it into a software solution.
If you want to be part of a young, innovative company, on a mission to future-proof international development organisations to achieve more positive impact towards sustainable development, join us. As an intern at Strhive, you will contribute to this mission by:
- Playing an active role in the implementation of innovative projects with international development organisations,
- Getting to know the ins and outs of the international development sector,
- Being an important part of Strhive’s team, contribute to the foundation of the company and pioneer organisational learning initiatives at Strhive,
- Contributing your ideas towards shaping the future of international development in innovative and adaptive ways.
Learning is at the heart of our mission and organisation. Therefore, a key element of the internship is focused on your personal and professional learning trajectory. You will develop your own learning roadmap that you will follow throughout your internship to achieve your own learning goals and pave your way to become an expert in the field of international development.
Who you are?
You are an ambitious changemaker who wants to contribute to positive impact in the world. You are full of energy to work in a high-paced environment with a unique motivation to learn and a proactive mindset.
- Are passionate about international development and enrolled in a relevant degree at university-level (e.g. International Development, Public Management, Strategic Management or other studies related to international development and organisational learning),
- Are a quick learner, able to analyse complex topics and eager to contribute your ideas,
- Are well organised, independent, and comfortable with tight deadlines,
- Feel comfortable in speaking with international high-placed individuals,
- Speak and write excellent English.
Experience in and around the field of international development is a plus.
What we offer?
At Strhive you will be part of a young, growing company. We offer you:
- An energetic and informal work atmosphere,
- Close involvement in our projects and organisational development,
- Guidance and a steep learning curve,
- In-depth insights into the workings of international development organisations and the possibility to expand your network,
- Flexibility to shape your own workweek,
- An internship renumeration.
We are looking for an intern to start as soon as possible. Depending on your availability, the position is available full-time or part-time for a period of 3-6 months. You can apply until the 1st of August 2021. If you think you are the right fit for Strhive, we would love to hear from you!
Please submit: (1) Your resume, (2) a short letter of motivation including a paragraph on a challenge you recently faced, how you approached it, and what you learned from it, and (3) your proof of enrolment and an overview of your study results to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions, get in touch with us by sending an email to email@example.com.