Are you eager to contribute to shaping the future of international development?
How can organisations in international development learn from their past activities and build on their experiences? How can better messages and communication support learning for organisations? How can we reach and support organisations to achieve more positive impact?
If these questions spark your curiosity, then you fit right into Strhive.
Who we are?
At Strhive, we believe in the creation of more impact through learning and collaboration. We support organisations to build on their past experiences and leverage their organisational memory to work more efficiently and effectively.
Organisations approach us with questions about how they can learn from their projects or how they can manage the knowledge within the organisation. We work with key actors in international development to improve learning, ways of working and ultimately, impact. Strhive works in 3 pillars:
- Propel – The software tool for organisational learning
- Advisory – integrating learning and creating cultures for learning in organisations
- The Learning for Develoment Community – a platform for peer-exhcnage and knowledge sharing
If you want to be part of a young, innovative start-up, on a mission to future-proof international development organisations to achieve more positive impact towards sustainable development, join us. As an intern for Communications and Marketing at Strhive, you will contribute to this mission by:
- Design new approaches to knowledge and learning,
- Independently and creatively play an active role in innovative projects with international development organisations,
- Getting to know the ins and outs of the international development sector,
- Being an important part of Strhive’s team, contribute to the foundation of the company and pioneer organisational learning initiatives at Strhive,
- Contributing your ideas towards shaping the future of international development in innovative and adaptive ways.
Learning is at the heart of our mission and organisation. A key element of the internship is focused on your personal and professional learning trajectory which you will follow through your own learning roadmap.
Marketing and communications in a start-up is not an end goal, it is a journey marked by memorable story-telling, creative ways of audience engagement and a grounded brand strategy that advances Strhive’s mission and message to our partners and community. Your tasks will specifically focus on:
- Develop and pitch new ideas for marketing and communication,
- Assist with content creation and optimisation for Strhive’s social media platforms, which includes copywriting, creating marketing materials (graphic posters, videos) and other forms of social media content,
- Processing and assisting in digital marketing efforts and other communication tasks to maintain and develop Strhive brands for all channels/platforms,
- Research, plan and execute at least one marketing campaign,
- Develop, implement and evaluate Strhive communication strategy,
- Support the design, development and execution of a wide range of communications materials,
- Assist in coordinating various marketing methods including, digital advertising, content marketing, direct mail, print ads, networking, internet, events, and social media,
- Further developing Strhive’s brand and communication.
Who you are?
You are an ambitious creative who wants to contribute to positive impact in the world. You are full of energy to work in a high-paced environment with a unique motivation to learn and a proactive mindset; you also:
- Are passionate about international development and enrolled in a relevant degree (e.g., Media and Communication, Marketing, Content Creation, etc.),
- Experience with design tools, marketing software, analytics, and digital tools,
- Knowledgeable about social media best practices and platforms,
- Are a quick learner, able to develop innovative and creative approaches for complex topics and eager to contribute your ideas,
- Are well organised, independent, and comfortable with tight deadlines,
- Feel comfortable in speaking with international high-placed individuals,
- Speak and write excellent English.
Experience in and around the field of international/sustainable development is a plus.
What we offer?
At Strhive you will be part of a young, growing company. We offer you:
- An energetic and informal work atmosphere – remote work is also possible,
- Close involvement in our projects and organisational development,
- Guidance and a steep learning curve,
- In-depth insights into the workings of international development organisations and the possibility to expand your network,
- Flexibility to shape your own work week,
- An internship renumeration.
We are looking for an intern to start as soon as possible. Depending on your availability, the position is available full-time or part-time for a period of (min.) 4 to (max.) 6 months. You can apply until the 27th of January 2023. If you think you are the right fit for Strhive, we would love to hear from you!
Please submit: (1) Your resume, (2) a short letter of motivation including 3 samples of your work (3) your proof of enrolment and an overview of your study results to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the vacancy, get in touch with us by sending an email to email@example.com.