Organisational Learning Advisor
Are you passionate about shaping the future of international development?
How can international development organisations navigate increasingly complex and interconnected challenges more effectively and efficiently? How can organisations in international development learn from their past activities and build on their experiences? How can we achieve more positive impact in development by learning from what we already know?
If these questions spark your curiosity, you might fit right into our hive!
Who we are
At Strhive, we believe in the creation of more impact through learning and collaboration. We support organisations to build on their past experiences and leverage their organisational memory to work more efficiently and effectively.
Organisations approach us with questions about how they can learn from their projects or how they can manage the knowledge within the organisation. We work with key actors in international development, such as GIZ (the German agency for international development cooperation) or the Dutch Relief Alliance. Strhive works in 3 pillars:
- Propel – The software tool for organisational learning.
- Advisory – integrating learning and creating cultures for learning in organisations.
- The Learning for Develoment Community – a platform for peer-exchange and knowledge sharing.
Strhive is a young, innovative company, on a mission to future-proof international development organisations to achieve more positive impact towards sustainable development. As a full-time Advisor at Strhive you will play a key role to support international development organisations and develop new ways of working for the field.
In this role, you will work directly with international development organisations. You will independently and creatively work on projects with international clients and strategically contribute to the development of Strhive. As part of your work at Strhive, you will get to know the ins and outs of the international development sector and become an expert in learning for development. Your ideas and initiatives have a high value and will contribute to the foundation of Strhive and towards shaping the future of international development in innovative and adaptive ways.
Learning is at the heart of our mission and organisation. A key part of your work at Strhive is focused on your own personal and professional learning curve and Strhive’s internal learning.
Your role & responsibilities
Your work will specifically focus on:
- Working with international clients on projects around knowledge and learning through all 3 pillars,
- Expanding Strhive’s network, acquiring new client projects and developing new projects with organisations,
- Independently and creatively managing innovative projects with clients,
- Designing new approaches to knowledge and learning,
- Getting to know the ins and outs of the international development sector,
- Being an important part of Strhive’s team, contributing to the foundation of the company and pioneering organisational learning initiatives at Strhive,
- Further developing Strhive’s brand, network and communication.
Who you are
You feel uncomfortable when you hear “we have always done things that way”. We are looking for an ambitious advisor who wants to contribute to positive impact in the world. You are full of energy to work in a high-paced environment with a unique motivation to learn and a proactive mindset.
- Want to contribute make a change through international development and hold a relevant Master’s degree (e.g. International Development, Public Management, Organisational Development, Design Thinking, etc.),
- Are a quick learner, able to develop innovative and creative approaches for complex topics and eager to contribute your ideas,
- Are well organised, independent, and comfortable with tight deadlines,
- Feel comfortable in speaking with international high-placed individuals,
- Speak and write excellent English,
- Have strong experience in relevant areas, including international development/humanitarian work/consultancy, organisational learning, change management, knowledge management, etc.
Experience in and around the field of international/sustainable development and working with international clients is a plus.
What we offer
At Strhive you will be part of a young, growing company. We offer you:
- An energetic and informal work atmosphere,
- Close involvement in all our projects and organisational development,
- Guidance and a steep learning curve,
- In-depth insights into the workings of international development organisations and the possibility to expand your network,
- Opportunity to work remotely or the office in The Hague,
- A 6-months contract with a market conform salary, based on experience and expertise.